Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cars Theme

My husband and I are trying to save as much money as possible this for Christmas so for my nephew I am making a cars theme box.  I have been so excited about this and thought I would share some of the easy and cheap ideas I have made/found!


Letter, number, and shape roads!  I found these HERE for FREE!  They even give you the option of how you want to print them (on white paper with black ink, or black paper!)

Car Color Match Up-  There is not a template for this but all I did was found different colored cars and then paper to match them.  Cut up the paper and glue it to a black piece of construction paper, easy as that!  

Street Signs-  This was so easy! click HERE for the free print outs. I also painted my Popsicle sticks black but you don't have too! 


Traffic Signs/ Shape Match Up- These are like the ones above but a little bigger and also different ones.  You can print them off HERE.  You can also print off the outlines of them so that the children can match shapes, or just have them printed and laminated for extra fun! There are also large signs for a lace up if you desire! 


Fabric Roads- Have an old pair of levi's lying around? Simple cut them up, paint yellow lines onto them and BAM instant fun! 


What car theme ideas do you have? Feel free to leave a comment and share.  Remember you don't have to spend a lot of money to have something nice.  Children will love just about everything and knowing that you made it for them is that much more special!  Try it out, its as easy as that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment