Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Teaching-Four-Year-Olds

For all of you preschool teachers out there, or any one interested for that matter THIS book is amazing.  I have to read it for one of my classes but Carol Hillman is such a good writer, has awesome ideas, and things to make you stop and think.  I was reading it tonight and found this quote she says, 

“There is so much to enjoy in the child’s world.  There are so few years for a child to be a child.  The presence of too many letter, too many numbers, or too much technology can dull the imagination and put unnecessary pressure on this precious time of life.”



When I read this I just wanted to shout HALLELUJAH! Okay a bit extreme but really... Why are we forcing children to grow up to soon?  I think it is so wrong that when your child gets to kindergarten if they can't read and write then they are already behind in school.  This is sooo wrong.  Let Them be Little for a little longer.  This truly is a precious time of life and we need to make sure that every child gets the childhood they deserve.  This is my challenge for you, give your child time, everything will work out I promise!  Enjoy the time you have with them now because they are only that way for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment